Indian Rocks Beach Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcyclists get a bad reputation from ignorant drivers who assume they are all reckless daredevils and street racers, when in fact motorcyclists are a much more cautious road user group than most car drivers. If you were injured in a motorcycle collision, the Indian Rocks Beach motorcycle accident attorney at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff are here to help you file a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver who caused your injuries.
Injuries in an Indian Rocks Beach Motorcycle Accident
- Road rash—Serious road rash (lacerations) can occur even if the motorcycle crash victim was wearing full leathers or other protective clothing. Road rash is not only incredibly painful, it takes a significant time to heal and can cause permanent scarring.
- Concussion—A concussion is classified as a mild to moderate brain injury, despite the possibility that it can leave the victim with lingering effects, impacting their ability to work or care for their family, for months.
- Traumatic brain injury—A TBI causes long term or even permanent brain damage, resulting in loss of cognitive function, changes in mood, sleeplessness, behavioral changes, and more. TBIs are a dangerous, and often fatal, condition.
- Spinal cord injury—A spinal cord injury is one of the worst types of injuries a motorcycle victim can sustain. A complete injury causes permanent paralysis to the affected region, while an incomplete injury may leave the victim with some feeling and movement in the affected region.
- Fractured vertebrae—It is possible to break a vertebrae in the neck or back and not suffer a spinal cord injury. A fractured vertebrae causes pain and immobility, and may require surgery to fuse the joint.
- Fractured limb—Fracturing a limb or collarbone is a very common injury in motorcycle crash victims. The severity of a broken limb can range from moderate to severe, with the most severe cases requiring multiple surgeries and potentially leading to loss of strength and mobility.
- Fractured hip—When a motorcycle victim crashes, they often land directly on their side, with the hip bone taking the brunt of the impact. This can cause a minor fracture or the complete destruction of the hip joint.
- Soft tissue injuries—Torn and strained muscle, tendon, and ligaments are all forms of soft tissue damage, including whiplash.
Call an Indian Rocks Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff Today
Damages in a motorcycle crash typically include medical costs, property damage to the victim’s motorcycle or scooter, pain and suffering, loss of joy of life, emotional distress, lost wages, and more. If you were run off the road, hit from behind, T-boned in an intersection, or thrown to the pavement on the highway when another driver changed lanes directly into you, we can help you pursue justice by filing a personal injury claim against that at-fault driver. The Indian Rocks Beach motorcycle accident attorney at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff can be reached today at 727-330-6502. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not get paid unless we win your case. Do not hesitate to schedule a free consultation today.