Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Seminole & Largo Injury Lawyers > Indian Shores Injury Attorney

Indian Shores Injury Attorney

While there is no going back to undo what has already been inflicted upon you, a personal injury claim can help make things right, or at least provide you with some semblance of justice. By filing a claim, you are giving yourself the best chances of escaping from this situation without medical or auto debt, the best chances of fully recovering from your injuries by being okay with taking time off work, and giving yourself the best chances of a more stable financial future for the long term. The Indian Shores injury attorney at The Reep Law Firm have handled countless injury cases and are your best chance at settlement or verdict award success.

Florida’s Comparative Negligence Doctrine

Florida is a modified comparative negligence state, which means that if you are found to be at fault for a certain percentage in causing the accident in which you were injured, your compensation will be reduced by that percentage. For example: you were driving through an intersection and T-boned by someone who ran the stop sign. If you were following the rules of the road, your damages would remain at 100 percent. If, however, it was found that you were sending a text and looking down at your phone as you went through the intersection, you could potentially be found partially liable, because you might have been able to avoid the crash had you been paying attention (in this example). If you are found 20 percent negligent, your damages and compensation would be reduced by 20 percent, leaving you with just 80 percent of what your claim would have been worth had you not been found negligent at all. A plaintiff who is more than 50 percent negligent cannot collect any damages.

Damages in an Indian Shores Injury Claim

Damages is a term used to describe economic and non-economic losses in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Some damages have a very real price tag—lost wages due to having to take time off work, or medical bills, for example. Other damages (non-economic damages) are harder to financially compensate a plaintiff for because the damage cannot necessarily ever be solved with money. These non-economic damages include pain and suffering, PTSD, emotional distress, loss of joy of life, and loss of consortium (loss of a parent or spouse) in the event of a wrongful death claim.

What a Lawyer Can Do For You

Working with a skilled injury lawyer is absolutely paramount to your claim’s success. An attorney will help prove negligence and liability, gather medical records and compile a full assessment of your damages, file the claim, negotiate with the other party’s insurance company, file a lawsuit if necessary, and argue the case in court if negotiations fail. It is generally not possible to secure even ten percent of what you are owed without the aid of an attorney.

Call an Indian Shores Injury Lawyer at The Reep Law Firm Today

If you were injured, we can help. We aggressively fight for every penny our clients are owed. Call the Indian Shores injury attorney at The Reep Law Firm today at 727-330-6502 to schedule free consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn