Madeira Beach Auto Accident Attorney
Most auto wrecks do not result in catastrophic injury. In fact, the average driver will get in an insurance-worthy auto collision about once every 14 years, and most of these people end up walking away from the crash without anything worse than some shaken nerves. But this is not everyone’s case. Thousands die every month in auto accidents, and hundreds of thousands are injured. If you were harmed in a car crash, a Madeira Beach auto accident attorney at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff can assist you in the claims process to recover your damages.
What Serious Injuries Are Most Common in a Madeira Beach Auto Accident?
When it comes to serious and life-threatening injuries, auto wrecks are one of the leading reasons victims visit the emergency room. Below are a number of the most common injuries from which our clients have suffered over the years. Many of these injuries require weeks or months in the hospital, and even longer spells of physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Fractured vertebrae
- Fractured arm, leg, rib, hip, collarbone, wrist, ankle, foot, knee cap, or hand
- Multiple fractures throughout the body
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Serious lacerations
- Facial trauma, including lacerations and fractures
- Broken teeth
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Burn injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, such as a torn ACL or torn meniscus
Do I Need to Hire an Auto Accident Attorney if My Injuries are Only Moderate?
If you were recently involved in an auto wreck and your injuries were not serious, you may be wondering if you need to hire an attorney at all, especially if the other driver admitted fault and they have said they are willing and able to pay for your car damage. But before you accept such an offer, decide to negotiate with their insurance company by yourself, or figure the entire process is too much of a hassle, ask yourself the following questions:
- Was I injured, and if so what are my total medical expenses?
- Was the other driver at fault?
- Will my injuries interfere with work, childcare, household chores, or exercise?
- Will my injuries potentially result in long term pain, discomfort, immobility, or weakness?
- How will I cope with the mental anguish or PTSD resulting from the experience?
- How extensive was the damage to my vehicle?
- Do I have the time or knowledge needed to file legal paperwork for the next 12 months?
Because even moderate to light injuries can take months to heal, and a certain medical outcome is never a guarantee, it is essential to discuss your claim with a qualified auto accident attorney before making any type of decision regarding your personal injury claim, or lack thereof.
Call a Madeira Beach Auto Accident Lawyer at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff Today
A personal injury claim allows you to recover medical expenses, lost wages, lost future earnings due to disability, property damage, pain and suffering, and much more. To find out if your case qualifies, call the Madeira Beach auto accident attorney at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff today at 727-330-6502 to schedule a free consultation.