Johns Pass Personal Injury Attorney
A personal injury lawyer assists injured victims in filing personal injury claims, which are legal demands for compensation. If you were injured in a car wreck, bike crash, hit and run, other traffic collision, or premises accident, you need a personal injury attorney to represent you. It is not possible to file a claim and achieve fair compensation for your damages without an attorney, as the other party’s insurance company will quickly bulldoze any plaintiff that attempts to handle their case on their own. At Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff, our Johns Pass personal injury attorney are not only aggressive advocates of our clients’ best interests, but are also empathetic to their needs and the trauma they have recently gone through.
What Does a Johns Pass Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
A personal injury lawyer has many jobs: gathering medical records from various hospitals, doctors, physical therapist offices, surgeons, and other medical providers; proving fault in traffic collisions and premises accidents by working with investigators, talking with eye witnesses, and subpoenaing phone records and other documents; identifying all pertinent insurance policies among various liable parties; filing personal injury claims demanding fair compensation; negotiating with the other side; mediation; filing lawsuits; further negotiation; and finally litigation in the courtroom. Throughout this process, it is your personal injury attorney’s duty to walk you through each step, ensure that your wishes are being adhered to, and explain their next moves. Excellent communication is a must when it comes to a winning personal injury claim, as the clients’ knowledge of the case and understanding of what is going on is paramount to maximizing the settlement and ensuring that everyone is on the same page. Personal injury claims take months or years to settle, and it can become easy for an injured plaintiff to become confused and disheartened during this long, sometimes arduous process.
Ten Qualities to Look For in a Johns Pass Personal Injury Lawyer
- Experience handling cases such as yours.
- Ability to work with expert witnesses and crash scene forensic analysts.
- Thorough understanding of the medical industry and knowledge of the specific type of injuries you have suffered from.
- Ability to thoroughly investigate and compile an accurate and complete list of other damages
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail regarding insurance policies.
- Strong negotiation abilities and mediation experience.
- Experience in the courtroom and a proven history of success in litigation.
- Specialization in personal injury law.
- True care and compassion for their clients.
- A strong work ethic, without over-committing to too many clients and cases.
Call a Johns Pass Personal Injury Lawyer at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff Today
While the statute of limitations to bring a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent party is three years in Florida, it is usually advisable to get started relatively soon after the injury occurred. This helps get the ball rolling in terms of proving fault, which requires evidence and memories of the event to be fresh. Our Johns Pass personal injury attorney at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff can help you get started today. Call 727-330-6502 to schedule a free consultation.