Indian Rocks Beach Auto Accident Attorney
Auto collisions are one of the leading causes of serious injuries in the US and in Florida. Road rage, speeding, reckless driving, and distracted driving are all getting worse with each passing year, landing more and more people in the hospital. If you were injured in any type of auto collision, the Indian Rocks Beach auto accident attorney at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff can help you seek compensation by filing a personal injury claim.
Top Six Types of Auto Collisions
- Side-swipes—Distracted driving, particularly texting and driving, can cause any type of crash. Side-swipe collisions are certainly included in this. Side-swipes happen when two vehicles collide going the same direction—usually during a lane change—and one hits the side of the other. The danger of a side-swipe is exacerbated if one of the vehicles is much larger than the other, or when one vehicle is pushed into a stationary object, the shoulder of the road, or another vehicle.
- Rear-end Crashes—Rear-end collisions almost always involve soft tissue damage to the neck (whiplash) for the forward driver, and often cause facial injuries and potential lower-leg fractures for the rearward driver. It is a common misconception that the rearward driver will automatically be assumed to be at fault for causing a rear-end crash, as there are many scenarios in which the forward driver could potentially be at fault.
- Hit and Runs—Hit and runs are growing in frequency as road rage becomes more prevalent and societal norms continue to deteriorate in the wake of COVID and other natural and political disasters of late. Pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists are the most likely victims of hit and runs.
- Rollovers—Rollovers are the most rare type of collision on this list, but they are usually severe in nature, resulting in whiplash, traumatic brain injury, multiple fractured bones, or spinal cord injury for the victims within.
- T-Bones—A T-bone crash occurs when one vehicle impacts the other at a perpendicular angle. T-bones often occur in intersections when one of the drivers runs a red light or stop sign. Another common T-bone scenario is when a vehicle on a side street or pulling out from a parking lot violates the right of way of the vehicle without a stop sign, light, or obligation to yield.
- Front-end Collisions—A front-end collision is the single most traumatic type of crash due to the combined forces of each vehicle. Most front-end collisions are usually relatively low-speed—they tend to happen at intersections where one or both drivers have a few seconds to apply the brakes. However, front-end collisions that happen in wrong-way scenarios, such as when a distracted driver drifts into the oncoming lane while looking at their phone, are extremely serious, and often end with fatalities.
Call an Indian Rocks Beach Auto Accident Lawyer at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff Today
A personal injury claim allows you to seek damages from the at-fault party. These damages likely include medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and much more. Call the Indian Rocks Beach auto accident attorney at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff today at 727-330-6502 to schedule a free consultation.