Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Seminole & Largo Injury Lawyers > Harbor Bluffs Personal Injury Attorney

Harbor Bluffs Personal Injury Attorney

If you were injured in a traffic collision, or any other type of personal injury case, such as a dog bite or defective product, you have the right to demand compensation from the party who caused your injuries. This is accomplished by filing a personal injury claim. If the claim is rejected or the other party does not make a satisfactory offer, the next step is to file a lawsuit. Most lawsuits are settled out of court, but if this is not possible, your attorney must be prepared to argue your case in the courtroom. The experienced Harbor Bluffs personal injury attorney at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff are here to help every step of the way.

What Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?

The level of your compensation depends on your damages (as follows), your own degree of negligence (if any), and the other party or parties’ insurance policies. Damages may include:

  • Medical expenses
  • Future medical costs
  • Lost wages
  • Pain and suffering
  • Lost earning capacity due to long term disability
  • Emotional distress/anguish
  • Loss of joy of life
  • Property damage

Will the Other Party be Criminally Prosecuted?

When it comes to traffic collisions, there are generally two different avenues for justice: through the criminal courts and through the civil courts. While a personal injury claim is usually settled outside of the courtroom, it is considered a civil court matter. The criminal court system is an entirely separate entity, designed to punish potential defendants by means of fines, community service, docking points on their license, or jail time. Unless the other party was intoxicated, fled the scene, or committed manslaughter, there is virtually no chance they will go to jail or face any other type of harsh penalty through the criminal court system. As such, many victims find a greater sense of justice by being victorious in their personal injury claim/lawsuit.

How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim?

It is highly advisable to work with an attorney to file a personal injury claim. Doing so without legal assistance is a sure-fire way to harm your chances of receiving fair compensation. Insurance companies tend to drag out the negotiation process for many months, or even years. This is done, in part, to try and shake the confidence of the plaintiff in hopes that they will cave and take a lower offer. A skilled attorney will be able to get you what you are truly owed. This takes time, unfortunately, but is worth the wait.

Call a Harbor Bluffs Personal Injury Lawyer at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff Today

If you were injured through no fault of your own, you need to contact an attorney right away. The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Florida is four years, so the sooner you get started, the better. We implore you to call the Harbor Bluffs personal injury attorney at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff today at 727-330-6502 to schedule a free consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn