Indian Rocks Beach Bicycle Accident Attorney
In the aftermath of a serious bike collision, victims often feel alone and hopeful. We at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff want you to know that you are not alone, and there is hope for at least some semblance of justice. By working with our Indian Rocks Beach bicycle accident attorney, you can seek compensation from the at-fault party for your medical expenses, property damage, and much more.
The Top Five Bike Crash Scenarios
- Driver hit you from behind—The most likely way in which cyclists are catastrophically injured or killed is being hit from behind. This type of crash happens when the driver is distracted, speeding, aggressive, or drunk.
- Driver made a right hook turn in front of you—A right hook occurs when a driver is to the left of you or ahead of you as you ride in the bike lane or on the right side of the street, and makes a right turn across your lane of movement, causing you to crash into the side or rear-end of their vehicle.
- Driver pulled out in front of you from a side street—If a driver is waiting to pull out from a side street, parking lot, driveway, ally, or other road (and the driver has a stop sign and you do not), you as a cyclist—just like other road users—are not required to stop or yield. Unfortunately, many drivers are either too distracted by their phones, or simply too impatient to wait for cyclists in these situations.
- Driver made a left turn across traffic—Left turns across traffic, whether there is no traffic light or the driver had a yield light (flashing yellow or a green light without a turn arrow) are frequent sources of car vs. bike crashes. They often happen because the driver believes they can beat the oncoming cyclist (who has the right of way), or that the cyclist will simply yield out of fear because the driver is in a large vehicle .
- Parking collisions—Two common thoughtless parking errors drivers make that frequently harm cyclists are dooring and backing up without looking. Dooring happens when a driver is parked on the shoulder of the road or to the right of a bike lane, and opens their door abruptly without checking for approaching cyclists. Backing up collisions are just as the sound: the driver backs out of a parking space straight into a cyclist who had the right of way.
In each and every one of these scenarios, the driver should not only be found at fault by law enforcement, but should be held financially liable in a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Call an Indian Rocks Beach Bicycle Accident Attorney at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff Today
Bike crash victims deserve compensation for their pain and suffering, lost income, loss of joy of life, medical expenses, property damage, and much more. We can help you get this type of compensation. The Indian Rocks Beach bicycle accident attorney at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff have been getting real results for our clients for decades, and can help you do the same. Call us today at 727-330-6502 to schedule a free consultation.