Treasure Island Bicycle Accident Attorney
Cyclists do not have the luxury of airbags, seatbelts, safety glass, crumple zones, and thousands of pounds of steel encasing them from all sides. As such, cyclists are completely vulnerable to the massive forces at play when they are struck by a motor vehicle that has a mass between 30 and 100 times the cyclist’s own size. While drivers get to walk away in just about every bike vs. car crash, cyclists are usually taken to the hospital in an ambulance, where they will potentially stay for days, weeks, or even months. Here at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff, we understand the devastation that such a collision causes the victim and their family members. While we can do nothing to ease the physical and mental agony that has been caused, our Treasure Island bicycle accident attorney can help achieve financial justice by demanding full compensation from the driver who caused this to happen.
Fighting For Our Clients’ Best Interests
If you were injured in a bike crash, you need a strong advocate to ensure that your rights are protected in the coming months. Our bicycle collision lawyers go through every case with a fine-tooth comb to ensure that fault is fully proven, that all liable parties are held accountable, and that all relevant insurance policies are identified. This takes a considerable amount of time and effort, which our attorneys are more than willing to do in order to maximize your take-home pay. Not only do we truly care about our clients, but we work on a contingency fee. That means if we do not win your case, we do not get paid a dime.
The Most Common Causes of Bike Crashes
- Driver did not check their side view mirrors or look over their shoulder before making a right turn across the bike lane or shoulder of the road
- Driver failed to use their turn signals
- Driver was speeding
- Driver was looking down at their cell phone instead of paying attention to the road
- Driver was intoxicated
- Driver was so drowsy they may as well have been drunk
- A road rage driver intentionally hit the cyclist
- A road rage driver intentionally drover too close, honked, swerved at the cyclist, threw something from the window, or otherwise committed an unnecessary and violent act that caused the cyclist to crash
- Driver was impatient and pulled out from a side street to “beat” the cyclist to the intersection
- Driver, either from impatience or distraction, made a left turn across the cyclist’s lane of traffic
Many of these types of collisions result in traumatic injury or death. Common injuries our clients have suffered from include concussion, road rash, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, fractured limbs, fractured ribs, fractured vertebrae, and soft tissue damage.
Call a Treasure Island Bicycle Accident Lawyer at Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff Today
If you were hit while riding, you deserve justice. Sadly, the criminal courts never penalize drivers to the appropriate degree of their crime. But if you were harmed, our Treasure Island bicycle accident attorney can help you file a personal injury claim. Call Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff today at 727-330-6502 to schedule a free consultation.