Personal Injuries In Seminole Common In Summer: Your Rights In Seeking Compensation
Summer is a favorite time of year for many people. Despite the heat, children are off school, you may have vacation time available, and there are plenty of fun activities to participate in. Unfortunately, this time of year does carry increased risks when it comes to accidents and injuries. Our Seminole personal injury attorney explains some of the most common causes and your rights in seeking compensation.
Common Causes of Summer Injuries
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that close to 25 million people visit hospital emergency rooms each year due to personal injuries. Summer is one of the most common times of year for them to happen.
Car accidents in Seminole are always a concern, but increased traffic from June through August makes them more likely to happen. They can cause serious harm to drivers, passengers, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians involved. Other common hazards during the summer months include:
- Slip and fall injuries, common in stores, shopping plazas, and other public places due to wet floors and cluttered walkways;
- Getting struck by or against objects, which can happen at amusement parks, ball fields, or other indoor or outdoor venues;
- Drowning accidents, which can happen while boating or when visiting the beach and neighborhood pools;
- Dog bites, which can cause serious personal injuries when visiting other people’s homes or when dogs are allowed to run loose through the streets;
- Fireworks-related accidents, which spike over the Fourth of July but are common throughout the summer in Seminole;
- Fires and electrocutions, common at hotels, resorts, outdoor concerts, county fairs, or festivals;
- Food poisoning, due to food being improperly prepared or left out at picnics.
Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
All of the above and other common summertime accidents can leave you suffering serious and potentially life-threatening personal injuries. When they occur due to the reckless actions of others involved, you have the right to hold them liable in a claim.
Insurance the at-fault party has in place may help cover your costs. In some cases, the best way to get the total amount needed to cover medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses is to file a personal injury or premises liability lawsuit through the Pinellas County Civil Court. To protect your rights to compensation, follow these steps when any type of accident occurs:
- Notify the police, the property owner, or onsite security immediately;
- Make sure an accident report is filed, providing details of what happened, the time and location, and contact information for everyone involved;
- Gather evidence, such as contact information for witnesses and photos of the scene;
- Seek medical care and follow your doctor’s instructions regarding treatment and work or activity restrictions.
Contact Our Pinellas County Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injuries that happen during the summer can end up impacting you for months or even years into the future. To protect your rights to compensation, get the trusted legal guidance you need from the Reep Law Firm. To request a consultation with our Seminole personal injury attorney, call or contact our office online today.