Five Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Seminole
Car accidents in Seminole can cause devastating personal injuries. When you or a loved one is involved in a crash, you have the right to hold the at-fault driver accountable. Our Seminole car accident attorney provides the caring support and professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Find out five common causes of car accidents in Pinellas County and how to protect your rights to compensation.
Common Reasons Behind Car Accidents In Pinellas County
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), close to 18,000 car accidents in Pinellas County happen each year. Negligence on the part of other motorists is often to blame. The following are the five most common causes:
- Aggressive driving: One of the most common contributing factors in car accidents in Seminole is aggressive driving. Failing to yield the right of way, following too closely (tailgating), and improper passing are responsible for 180,000 car accidents in Florida each year.
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals: Running red or yellow lights and failing to come to a complete stop at stop signs is a leading cause of crashes, particularly in local intersections. This can result in side-impact or t-bone collisions, among the dangerous types of crashes.
- Distracted driving: A primary offense in Florida, police can pull you over for talking on cellphones, texting, or otherwise using handheld devices while behind the wheel, even if you have committed no other traffic offense. According to Forward Pinellas, a local land use and transportation agency, distracted driving is responsible for over 3,000 car accidents in our area and results in more than $72 million in economic costs each year.
- Driving under the influence: The FLHSMV reports over 600 drug and alcohol confirmed car accidents in Pinellas County each year. Hundreds more likely go unconfirmed. Under the Florida Statutes, you can face criminal charges for driving under the influence of any amount of alcohol or drugs, including prescription medication.
- Speeding: Going too fast for conditions and over posted speed limits continues to be a common cause of car accidents in Seminole and in other cities across Florida. Not only does speeding increase the likelihood of a crash, but it also increases the chances of fatal injuries.
Injured In A Crash? Contact Our Seminole Car Accident Attorney Right Away
If you or someone you love is involved in a car accident, take these steps to protect your rights to compensation:
- Notify the police immediately so an accident report can be filed;
- Get the names and contact information for other drivers at the scene;
- Gather evidence, such as photos of the crash site and contact information for witnesses;
- Seek medical care, regardless of the severity of your injuries;
- Contact our Seminole car accident attorney.
At Reep Coleman & Stubbendorff, we help you get the maximum amount of money you need to recover from car accident injuries in Pinellas County. Give us a call or contact our Seminole car accident online and request a consultation today.